Raw Cashews have some amazing health benefits when eaten regularly alongside a balanced diet.
Just 30g meets 18% of the recommended daily intake of iron for men, and 8% intake for women. They're also a rich source of zinc and calcium.
Cashews are cholesterol free, high in protein and are a very rich source of essential minerals.
- Iron; essential for red blood cell function and enzyme activity. A serving size of 100g will contribute to 1/3 of a woman’s daily Iron needs and ½ of a man’s daily Iron needs
- Magnesium; promotes energy release and bone growth
- Phosphorous; builds bones and teeth
- Zinc; essential to digestion and metabolism
- Selenium; has high anti-oxidant properties, which protect the body from cancer
- Phytochemicals; have protective or disease preventive properties
- Manganese; helps in building essential enzymes for building bones
- Potassium; helps regulate blood pressure and heart function
- Copper; actions the activity of several enzymes and is vital to the health of all living things
A handful of cashew nuts (count 15 in a handful) a day in the diet would provide enough of these minerals and prevent deficiency diseases and will fulfil your daily requirement of Vitamin E.
What does ‘Gluten-free ingredients*' mean?
*This product does not contain gluten as an ingredient, however, please bear in mind that our products are produced, processed and stored in a factory that produces products containing gluten. Therefore we cannot guarantee that traces of gluten will not be present in any of our products. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.